By MarketScale | January 28, 2019 -Â Black swan weather events can range from hurricanes to EF5 tornadoes. These events are deadly, can happen at any time, and require careful preparedness and recovery processes. Education Facilities Managers and School District Officials must think about how these events will affect students, faculty, and their departments. Different areas of the world are prone to different types of black swan weather events, and Cenergistic has developed 6 Steps to Create a Disaster Preparedness Plan:
- Review the types of black swan weather events that are most likely to occur in your area.
- Check all emergency exits for potential obstructions or risks that may arise during an evacuation.
- Ensure fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems work appropriately.
- When local regions are experiencing smoke from wildfires, replace the HVAC system filters that may become clogged more frequently.
- Remember the role of communication.
- Adjust or shut down automated system controls.
Failure to plan for black swan weather events results in massive disruptions, extensive damage and even loss of lives. School leaders that take the time to prepare for such events can dramatically reduce their adverse effects. Cenergistic aids schools in understanding how to approach asset controls and plan for black swan weather events. For more information, clickÂ here.
Original article link here